Used to diagnosed and treat conditions like heavy menstrual bleeding, recurrent pregnancy loss, post menopausal bleeding, foreign body etc.
- In fertility patients it is done prior to IUI/IVF to enhance success rate.
- For correction of septum in case of recurrent pregnancy loss.
- For patients with blocked tubes and infertility cannulation can be done.
- For TCRE – Transcervical Resection of Endometrium is performed for women with heavy bleeding who wish to avoid hysterectomy (removal of uterus). It is the removal of the endometrium (lining of the uterus) using a resectoscope. TCRE offers 60 – 70% success rate in patients with AUB- thickened endometrium and avoids the need for major procedures like hysterectomy.
- Removal of Foreign Bodies like Cu.T
Hysteroscopy can be done as a day care procedure helping patients spend less time in the hospital while recovering faster.
- Day care procedure
- No rest required post operation
- Can get back to work next day
- But requires close monitoring and follow-up visits.